Monday, March 9, 2009

Welcome to the Jungle

Welcome to Shalafain fellow surfers.

Seeing as though this is my debut posting, hold the applause please, I thought it would be apt to vent, and share, my frustrations about living in Johannesburg.

I'm sure everyone will be able to relate to this.

Upon driving to work, listening to the ever increasingly annoying RAW radio show, I was hoping for a quiet, stress free drive into work. Its started off well when RAW actually played a song you can listen to namely: 'SEX ON FIRE'. While pumping the volume in my Hyundai Atos 1100, the Silver Bullet, and singing at the top of my voice, I got cut off by 2 cars who were avoiding a Taxi who stopped in the middle lane of a busy road leading into town.

Words that describe fornication and the female anatomy were coming out of my mouth as I pulled up next to the taxi calling him all of the words under the sun. I asked him if he was stupid, clearly a rhetorical question as the look on his face indicated that Julias Malema was a Dr compared to him, to which his response was: "Piss off whitie, I do what I want on this raod, its my road." Welcome to the jungle.

I would have been able to get over this, if the whole incident didn't happen in front of an overweight traffic cop. I asked if she saw the incident and what she is going to do about it, to which her reply was: "EEEEEEEish, I don't know." Welcome to the jungle.

The end is in sight, I am near the on ramp to the highway, the robot is red for traffic and there are pedestrians wanting to cross the road, ignoring the green man. As the robot turns green for cars, the pedestrians start strolling across the street like a bunch of 80 year old degenerates thinking that traffic will stop for them. I put foot and aim the Silver Bullet, my Atos, at them. I clip the one on the arm who proceeds to call me all kinds of names describing the female anatomy. He also picks up a half brick, ala the locals from Eldorado Park, and throws it at the bullet, who is clearly out of range. Welcome to the Jungle.

A taxi causes trouble and tells you that hell do what he wants as its his road, an overweight cop puts her intelligence out for all to see, and pedestrians cross the road illegally and swears all cars on the road!

A normal start to a normal day in Johannesburg, WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment