Friday, March 13, 2009

Super Weekend! What a Zuris!

Bloggers of the world…….. A big howzit from The Lion of Lebanon.

Alright I am sick and bladdy tired of people asking me where the hell I got my name from and what shit was a I smoking when I came up with this stuff.

Unlike other young men in the Leb community who love themselves and cant find anything better to do with their lives then say: how great am I? I did not give myself my name.

But as Daniel Azar pointed out to me last night over a hubbly, I am not even a Lions fan. For those of you who don’t know me I am a huge sharks fan and have been since 1988. I know I wasn’t born in Natal or live there, but get over it, I am a fan of the sharks!

Anyway, we digress. I got the name The Lion of Lebanon when I was living in Dubai. One of my regular watering holes was Double Decker. A dingy English type pub filled with dingy English people! I struck up a friendship with a suitably fit Irish lass who I would see there every time I went there. One night, over a few Strongbow Ciders, she admitted that initially she was intimidated by me but once she got to know me I was more like a teddy bear with the heart of a lion.

And on that night, The Lion of Lebanon was born! Big up Ms Fallon O’Shea!

Anyway its coming to the weekend, and invariably its time for 3 things, Gamroh, Bints, and Sport.

It will be an interesting weekend for the Super 14 as the Bulls, Sharks and Waratahs all push to extend their unbeaten records in the competition. The Bulls are guaranteed to be unbeaten as they have a bye, of the two high flyers, The Waratahs have the hardest game as they have to travel to the Bruce Stadium in Canberra to face the Brumbies. Expect a hard fought game in the backline with Stirling Mortlok eager to test the defensive capabilities of Waratahs Flyhalf prodigy Kurtley Beale.

As always the game will be won or lost in the forwards. Old rivals George Smith and Phil Waugh will be keen to impress Robbie Deans.

The game will be tough. Don’t expect a high scoring affair, the Waratahs should win by 5.

The Sharks are in Brisbane to crucify the Reds. I don’t expect it to be to hard of a game for my boys, although the Reds did push the Stormers in Cape Town. The Sharks should dominate every facet of play, Sharks by 10.

As we speak the Cheetahs are getting a hiding, 24 Minutes into the game and it already 17-0. Easy win for the Blues, who knows what the final score will be!

It will be interesting to see if the Crusaders can pull their fingers out of their ass and actually win for a change! The loss to the Highlanders last week was a huge Zuris with a scoreline reminiscent of a 1943 game! The Crusaders are at home to the Force, but the Force do travel well. Force by 10.

Invercargill is the next stop on the super weekend where the Highlanders host the Chiefs. The cracks in the Chiefs team have become a chasm over the past few weeks, and if their forwards are put under pressure early, its tickets. Although the Highlanders are on a high after last weeks win at the House of Pain, the Chiefs should be able to run the Highlanders into the ground. Expect Lelia Masaga and Sitiveni Sivivatu to be put in space and as they say in Australia: They wont catch him.

The final game of the weekend is the Stormers vs the Lions. Two sides who have had flashes of brilliance, but moments of rank feking amateurism. Apparently the Stormers are sweating over the dearth in the Tight Head department, and with the strongest Loose Head in the country looking to wreak havoc! It doesn’t bode well in the Cape! The Lions pack is somewhat better then the Stormers, the difference is in the halfbacks. The Storemrs have two Springboks in Ricky Januarie and Peter Grant, while the Lions have only André Pretorius who has worn the Green and Gold.

The Stormers are somewhat better in the backline then the Lions. There is one Springbok a piece in Midfield for both teams, the difference is in the other centre. Barry Goods seriously lacks game time, while Gobani Bobo is having a good season. The Stormers back three is a country mile better then the Lions.

However, the Stormers are their own worst enemy and have a tendency to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory and the Lions could pull it together and snatch a win. In my opinion, the snoek braais and papsaks at Newlands could turn violent and expect a few "Jou Ma Sé P*%ste" to be thrown around. Lions by 5.

There is a small matter of a huge game at Old Trafford happening and I can see the weekend ending in tears for my mate Michael Azar or the loud mouth porra from the Gym Gary Rodrigues. Both teams are on a high after wins in the Champions League during the week. However, some feel that this is the weekend that United win the Barclay Card Premiership. Should they beat Liverpool, the writing is on the wall, should United draw with Liverpool, the writing is on the wall, should United loose to Liverpool, there might be a chance for the scousers.

Liverpool’s quandary is this: they need to beat United and win every game for the rest of the season and hope United loose every game from now until the end of the season. Somehow I don’t think that even the thieving scouse bastards can pull this one off.

On the social side, expect F TV and Cubana to be hives of activity. They quality of the bints there somewhat punishes me as some of the ladies are tempting, but they are so uppety that its a case of nuns without panties! Its there, but you cant hit it!

There is an old lymeric that goes: I when away in Santropae when the cats go out and the rats will play, you left the house and i came for my pray. I took your wife into the bay took her innosence away ...

And then there is Santropae, otherwise known as Santroghey, expect it to be like Beirut on Saturday night with Warren Jaffa making his regular molar appearance at the place. Hopefully people will clear the bar counter for him at around 11 pm when he feels the urge to dance on it! Expect Arif off the Balcony, what a Zuris!

No comments:

Post a Comment