Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Word of the Day

Salamu.

This has become my favorite piece to do. This is because I see myself as an educator, an imparter of knowledge onto the masses.

That and the fact that I love being down with the word on the street!

The first word of the day is Spook it is a derogatory word used towards black people mostly by redneck's who live in trailers...eat mayonnaise sandwiches...and DALA their sisters.

Example...Dem spooks like to play bones and shoot dice.. In proper English, as promoted by William Shakespeare, this means that The black people like to play dominoes and play dice.

As a matter of interest...the word nigger, if said by a white man, in America is taboo because of their whole campaign towards human rights and shit, but a black man can greet another black man with: Whats up my nigger! This is because there is no way that white people don't use the word nigger behind closed doors. Like when they are watching the news...a wife wont say: Honey look at this stupid negro! However, she is more likely to say: Look at that ignorant ass nigger right there.

It must just be known that I don't participate in or condone abusive language with racial slurs.

To South Africa where we come across the word: Dala. It was developed by Durban Indian people who also have their own language which resembles English. Dala is to fornicate. Exmaple: I will Dala that chick until she cant walk cuzzie! or in the line of a South African club song: I came to the show to Dala...so dont fuck me like a gwala!.

To England we go where we have already pointed out there exists a whole other language which resembles English, but isn't. Word: Bellend. This is quite literally the tip of a mans penis. I wont go into a proper description of this here please visit this link to urban dictionary for proper description.

So its calling someone a dickhead without them knowing. Example: Does taking da x makes you like house musik and makes youz dance like a bellend? (God Bless Ali G!) or Saddam Hussein is a Bellend! (as seen on 'Da Ali G Show').

Here is one of my favorite pieces:



Finally to Australia where a popular word is sook. Which is to sulk. Example: sam had a sook when claire wouldn't sleep with him.. this is used extensively by my other mate Chopper Reid when describing his acts of regular violence enacted on Neville Bartos.

I am discovering new words all the time so keep an eye out people!

No comments:

Post a Comment