Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Trip of Nostalgia anyone? Part 2

The DJ then whent off about how lucky the Thundercats and Thunderfelines of today actually are, because the music that we used to jam to back in the day are jams like 24-7's Slave to the Music


Snaps Rhythm is a Dancer
Snap - Rhythm Is a Dancer .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


And Milk Incorporated La Vache


Bearing all of the above in mind I must say that yes music has evolved alot since the late 1990s, when I was at the peak of my jauling powers. These jams take me back to house parties where I would know exactly what was happening for the first hour...drink...pass out...and then wake up the next morning with 15 breath mints in my mouth with my best friend telling me about all of the trouble I apparently sorted out after some female friends asked me to get rid of irritating guys. FUN TIMES!

Yee we used to give the Askria heavy times with the Ghamroh in our Arabia's with La Vache pumping over the sound system.

But back then music meant something, the words meant something. A friend of mine is into this whole doof doof music which is the same repetitive crap for two minutes. Granted these jams are great when you are dead molar and giving the Askria heavy times with the Gamroh, but when you are sober, nothing is better then music with words that mean something, such as the South African Lebanese classic Eye of the Tiger

And dont get me started on the cartoons of today. Fucking Japanese mass produced CRAP! Cartoons from the 80s were the best. Brave Starr, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Ghost Busters. Even the era when the cartoonists started using drugs, cartoons such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Biker Mice From Mars were quality.

I must say that television shows have gotten better since the 80s. You cant outdo classics such as The A Team or Air Wolf, but CSI and Law & Order are 100 times better then Miami Vice, Chips and Colombo.

No comments:

Post a Comment