Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Swagger of a champion

So, as I said in my previous post...by all accounts it was a good training session last night.

It was so good that I walked out of the gym feeling like a million dollars. Like I good take on the world. Its only every now and then when I feel like I trained like a prize fighter and last night I felt like I could take on the world.

I must be the only person in the world who feels like this when they are sober.

I really enjoy my sports. I am a serious rugby man and a fan of cricket, boxing, and athletics.

But one sport I am REALLY fond of is wrestling. Yes I know......it is not actually sport because some of the stuff in the ring is scripted. It is more like sports entertainment. But I love it!

We only really started getting it here in South Africa at about Wrestle Mania V or VI, I am not sure, but from then I was hooked. And I would sit as a youngster seeing the Undertaker walk along the top rope before strong-arming an opponent on his AC joint, see Razor Ramon giver people the Razors edge. And just when you thought that Wrestling achieved all it could, along came the Texas Rattle Snake Stone Cold Steve Austen and The Rock.

MAN ALIVE! I'm getting goose bumps just sitting here thinking about this.

And we would wait in anticipation for the day when these giants would come to South Africa. And they did, a few times actually. I went to one performance in 1996 at the Johannesburg Stadium where I sat right at the back where the 7ft tall wrestlers in the ring look like ants!

This time is different! I won the last tickets off a radio call in show so I had to sit where I wont the tickets. I was 16 at the time and not working. Now I am and the WWE is coming to SA in July! Myself and my mate and his brother have already booked our tickets. We seriously forked out the cash with this one and are sitting virtually at ringside!

I cant wait! Not only can I look forward to a business trip to my favorite place in the world in June, Zambia, but I can now also look forward to seeing some of my favorite sports personalities up close and personal in July! The pics here are off the net. But I will take my own at the stadium on the day!

Pity it will be a bit to cold to wear my wife beater vest!

No comments:

Post a Comment