Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Next Being 30 Experiance: Facing The End Of The World!


Salamu

My Niggas!

I bid you greetings for the final time in 2012.

It has been a big year for me, a year of a lot of change, one of the biggest changes will be discussed later in the post when I describe what it has been like falling in love with the most beautiful girl in the world and the changes that both of our lives have gone through since we have met.

This topic actually does connect in some arbitrary way to my first topic.

Those of us not living under a rock will know that this is the last week of the world’s existence. Yes people…the Mayans have blown the final whistle on existence. According to them December 21 (Friday) is the day we meet our maker.

Quite personally I don’t believe in this bullshit for a number of reasons.

Firstly…if they could predict the end of the world, could they not have seen the arrival of the Spaniards in the 1500’s which all but wiped out their existence from the face of the earth?

Secondly…I’m a devout catholic and believe firmly in the teaching that no one but God knows the time and date for the end of the world. And this is not to tease us. This is to make us live each day as if it were our last day on earth in order to prepare us for the day which will come like the thief in the night. Apart from Forgiveness and Loving Freely, this to me is the corner stone of the Catholic Faith. To live a good Christian life everyday as if it were your last on earth.

Repent and your sins will be forgiven before the rapture.
Nigga Please
Thirdly… there were a lot of people who wrongly predicted the end of the world and have been left looking like a bunch of fools. And rightly so. Some idiots predicted the world was going to end on May 5 2000 because all of the planets were in perfect alignment and who can forget Y2K?  But one of the funniest predictions in my opinion had to be the prediction by a bunch of ‘happy clappie’ Christians who saw it fit to put up billboards saying that the world was going to end on May 21 2011. And guess what….I’m still here more than a year later.

But I am being very cynical, because in a sense a small part of my world did end in 2012. The world of me being lonely and worrying about wanting more from life.

It amazes me how when you open your heart to beauty and let a hint or suggestion of it come in, it can make a serious foothold in your heart and change you forever. I was going through one of my stages of thinking if this is all that life has to offer when a friend of mine suggested I talk to her friend. I did so and little did I know it would take us both on a journey of a lifetime. A life changing journey.

But how does this relate to my first topic? Well when you love someone with all your heart the way I do, your life changes completely.

You end up counting the seconds of joy in your life as opposed to counting down the hours until the end of the work day. You end up smiling at any little thing as opposed to scowling at the beggar just asking you for a chance at a better life. You learn to laugh like a child, which is never a bad thing because there is nothing more innocent and pure than a childs laugh. But most of all you learn to say I Love You instead of looking for ways to hurt people.

My girlfriends life has changed too. She has told me on a number of occasions that she finally has a man in her life who loves her the way she deserves to be loved and appreciated her beauty. She has also learned to put up with a lot of crap because I am admittedly not the easiest person in the world to get along with at times. But this to is also because she has learned to say I Love You once again.

Love brothers and sisters is one of the most pure things in the world. And it is an emotion all need to feel at least once in their lives.

The picture below was taken on my first date with my angel. And do you want to know why there is no way of the world ending on Friday? Because there is no way God will only give me one moment of beauty and perfection. I have a whole lifetime ahead of me to look forward to that.

Till next time my Niggas!

Mei jua daima kuwa kabla yenu, na vivuli nyuma yako!


The most perfect evening of my life.
With the most beautiful girl in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment