Monday, July 30, 2012

Bones to Pick.


Salamu

There is nothing more irritating than a person who argues just for the sake of having an argument! Unfortunately my life is FULL of these people.

Despite what my family will tell you, I am actually a very easy person to get along with as there is a very short list of things that rub me up the wrong way. As discussed above arguing for the sake of it is one of those qualities. Another is arrogance.

True Story
Unfortunately these two qualities are very good stable companions and enjoy a quite sordid love affair. These qualities are very evident in a certain member of my family.

This person thinks that the sun shines out of his arse and when he sits down the world is in darkness. I went to his house over the weekend to watch some of the Olympic games and he said that if he was English he would be very upset about them making all of the announcements in French before English. I try to explain to him that this is tradition and we had a heated argument for 20 minutes on the subject. One of the modules of a subject I studied to get my degree was on the history of the modern Olympic games so I do know a bit about the history of Barron Pierre deCoubertin’s vision.

And even when I went to him the next day with my Varsity text book with the information in he refused to acknowledge that he was wrong. Mind you…should I expect anything less from a person who’s favorite saying is: “people often misjudge confidence for arrogance.” Any person who proudly proclaims that is as arrogant as shit!

While we are on the subject of the Games let me make a quick note saying that when one looks at the piss poor quality of the London opening ceremony one appreciates how great the Chinese are.

Only in the movies
My second bone to pick is about Batman.

Disclaimer: The following information may contain information about The Dark Knight Rises which you may not want to know because you haven’t seen the movie yet. Please desist from reading and revisit this post at a later stage. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Does anyone have the contact information for Jonathan Nolan? An E Mail address will do.

All I want to do is send him a nice little E Mail asking for the money that I spend on The Dark Knight Rises back.

All that can be said about this picture is: wow!
I went into the movie with high expectations because Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were simply awesome. However, this was not the case with The Dark Knight Rises. The story line was far to long and the only thing that made Batman is his gadgets. That’s his super powers. So why take them away from him. It’s like taking away Superman’s strength and ability to fly and say: “Now go save the world!”

On the plus side… we will always have The Dark Knight and Anne Hathaway is quite delectable in The Dark Knight Rises.

Well done to Cameron van den Berg on winning South Africa’s first gold medal at the 2012 games and major props for becoming the first male swimmer from South Africa to win gold. Let’s hope the world sticks it to Team GB!

Mei jua daima kuwa kabla yenu, na vivuli nyuma yako!

No comments:

Post a Comment