Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Things are not what they seem.

Salamu.

So it is 2012, the year that the world is supposed to end.

Personally I do not prescribe to that crap as I think the Myans were possibly the biggest potheads in the world at the time. They ran an empire from Mexico down to Colombia so were definitely rooting poppy seeds or some shit.

This is besides the point.

There is usually some level of inspiration behind most of my blog posts. What can I say...I have muses everywhere. This post is regarding the person I really am under my thick ogre like appearance.

I was watching The Last Samurai last night, for like the 44th time, when a friend of mine from Joberg and I got talking. It was the girl; I mentioned in an earlier post regarding awkward first dates. She has attracted the interest of a really nice guy but is scared to commit to a relationship and blah blah..blah blah...blah blah. You know, the usual women crap.

So I told her a story regarding fears taking over and it must have really hit home because she was all very thankful and friendly. And she said: "You know, deep down...behind your Shrek (ogre appearance) you are actually a clever and level headed guy.

I am quite perturbed about the fact that people see me as a person who is not level headed and clever. I mean if we had to judge people by their covers. Paris Hilton would be just a dumb blonde air head who spreads her legs. Oh wait...

But you know what I mean, and what leads people to think the way that they do is beyond me.

I do have some theories, but please be warned that these are unproven.

1) My degree. I have a BA, and when you are studying a bachelor of arts at university you are the joke of the campus with people telling you that you are going to spend the rest of your life asking people if they would like fries with their food.

I mean, this to me is bull shit. I am probably cleverer then most of the wankers studying a B COM or a LLB or all of that crap. My general knowledge is at the top of its game and when people sit down and have a conversation with me they are surprised at my level of intellect.

2) My looks. As you can see by my pic on the side of my blog, I am no oil painting and will definitely not win any beauty competitions.  I do have a bit of a thick look about me.

and

3) My personality. Believe it or not, I have become quieter since my break up with my ex. I prefer to sit and observe rather then make myself known and the center of attraction. It may be a confidence thing, but I have  just come to the realization that not everyone in the world wants to hear your crap. Which is true.

So...there it is...something you didn't know about me. I am a pretty level headed guy. Its just a pity that like all level headed people, i cant follow my own advise.

"You know despite your ogre appearance, you are quite a level headed person"

No comments:

Post a Comment