Thursday, January 26, 2012

Coming to terms with the big 3 0!


Salamu.

So the Lion of Lebanon has turned 30, and whereas I had issues about reaching the age towards the middle of last year, I know can see that 30 will be the age for me because you have finally reached the age where you can say what you want to people without tippie toeing around a subject.  

Not that this ever stopped me before, but it was frowned down upon, now the frowning doesn’t happen.
But what does being 30 mean? This will be my challenge for this year.

It will probably mean different things to different people. A friend of mine moved, with her family, to Australia 8 years ago. This morning, Australia Day, her brother posts on Face Book how proud he is to be an Ozzie.

Now to me I can’t see many reasons why you should be proud to be an Ozzie. You put shrimps of Barbeques and you get licenses to shoot Abbo’s. Your cricket commentators are overly biased and 70% of your country is desert.
But to an Ozzie, being an Ozzie is the best thing in the world.

The secret here is to find something so be proud of. Like the fact that Australian women are some of the most beautiful women in the world. And that you have some of the best sportspeople in the world. And of course Australia has Chopper Reid.

That’s what I need to do with being 30. I need to find something to be proud about.

What that is, I don’t know, because I am not married, don’t have kids and am not earning a fat salary and don’t drive my dream car.

But I have an interesting job and have been to places in the world people twice my age haven’t been to.
So instead of viewing 30 as a challenge… I will view it as a voyage of discovery. Who knows…I might discover myself or I might destroy myself… either way I will make 30 a year to remember.

Happy Australia Day and India Independence Day to my Australian and Indian readers.

Mei jua daima kuwa kabla yenu, na vivuli nyuma yako!

Australia has some of the most beautiful girls in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment