Monday, April 2, 2012

My Dream Holiday


Salamu

One of the questions which i asked my favorite bokkie from Pretoria in an interview with her got me thinking about my ideal holiday location.

If money was not an option (ie: lottery money) Id first go to the USA and watch the my three favorite NFL teams (the Cincinati Bengals, the Denver Broncos and the Dallas Cowboys in action), I would definately be making a pruchase of a stetson cowboy hat and maybe try and convince a good southern belle that I am the catch of the century.

Id then go to Kingston Jamaica where I would visit the Bob Marley museum and his house at Nine Mile St Annes.

But the main destination would be Havanna Cuba. Id book myself into the Hotel Nacional de Cuba which is situated in the centre of the city and has easy access to many historical sites.

The La Casa Restaurante comes highly recomended and I havent had good stewed rabbit in a long time.

But the main reason for going to Havana would be to drink Mojito's at cantina's such as La Floridita, Dos Hermanos and La Bodeguita del Medio. This would also give me a chance to try my luck with the cubano lasses if I am not successful with convincing a texan girl to relocate to South Africa.

There is something about latino woman that fires me up. Perhaps its their gritty voices, maybe its the potential to have sweet nothings whispered into my ear in spanish, or maybe its the fact that they have all of the right curves in the right places.

On the cards would be a visit to my mate Fidel Castro's cocahina farm. A friend of mine that I used to work with in Dubai showed me pictures of him at the entrance to the farm proudly holding an AK47.

From there I would make a stopover at the Zambezi Sun where I can sip Mosi Lager while watching habeed try jump the border at the Mosi-oa-Tunya.

Mei jua daima kuwa kabla yenu, na vivuli nyuma yako!


No comments:

Post a Comment