Thursday, November 3, 2011

Divas gone wild.

Salamu.

I have been severly neglecting my blog and for that I am sorry, today I will be playing catch up as there are at least two topics which I would like to discuss today.

Upon reading the title, and given my useual vents, you would be forgiven for thinking that this blog would be about beautiful scantly clad women who go wild and throw their name away. But nay-nay, this is actually about Bigg Willy...Will Smith.

For a Panocha who is not as celebrated as Al Pacino or Robert De Nero, who have received Oscar nominations on many occasions, Will Smith thinks that he is just the big dog on campus because he is the highest paid actor in Hollywood.

And I have nothing wrong with him being the highest paid actor in the business, in fact I think he is a far better actor then he is a singer. But dont have an attitude about it. Thats the problem I have with him.

He has just finished making the thrid instalment of the Men in Black franchise and is in negotiations with Fox Entertainment for the sequal to Independance Day.

But apparently Fox are not to keen on him now because Will Smith wants his daughter Willow and his wife Jada Pinket in the movie.

I MEAN REALLY! Gone are the days of Denzel Washinton and Samuel L Jackson who were just fucking gratefull to be in a movie! They wouldnt DARE ask for roles for their fucking children or wife in that same movie.

I really really hope Fox tell him to piss off! I honestly do.

But then who would be the likely candidates to take his place?

For continuity's sake I think the role must be taken up by another African American actor.

Enter Don Cheadle and Terence Howard.

I saw Cheadle for the first time in Crash and I though he was a pretty good actor, but it was in Hotel Rwanda where he really shone and showed his true potential. He is suave enough to play Smiths role and as he proved in Iron Man 2 he can do the physical stuff too.

Its a similar story with Terence Howard, I also saw him for the first time in Crash and then in the first instalment of Iron Man. But I thought he was alot better in Crash then in Iron Man...and he is of similar build to Smith.

If they want to break away and cast the role of Smiths charactor to a caucasian actor then Stevel Segal and John Travolta should be considered.

The only thing is that you cant give Segal to many lines inbetween his action scenes because then he is just going to loose his mind and start hitting people just because he can.

Travolta is a winner in my opinion. He is classy, as we saw in shows like Michael, the Generals Daughter and Pulp Fiction, he can do action, as we saw in Basic and Pulp Fiction, and he can talk properly.

So it is down to three actors in my opinion: Cheadle, Howard and Travolta.

I have spoken in the past about my favourite movies of all time, but what about my favourite actors? Below are my Top 10 favourite actors with my favourite movie that they have appeared in.

10)Sylvester Stallone (Rambo Franchise and Rockey Franchise)
9)Bruce Willis (Die Hard Franchise and The Fifth Element)
8)Eddie Murphey (Beverly Hils Cop Franchise and Life)
7)Vin Diesel (XXX and Fast and the Furious)
6)Al Pacino (Any Given Sunday and Godfather II)
5)John Travolta (Basic and Pulp Fiction)
4)Samuel L Jackson (Basic and Pulp Fiction)
3)Denzel Washington (Training Day and Man on Fire)
2)Russel Crowe (Gladiator and LA Confidential)
1)Viggo Mortenson (Eastern Promises and Lord of the Rings)

No comments:

Post a Comment