Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gutted to the core

Salamu.






Dear people, I greet you this morning feeling gutted! Absolutely gutted.






So I have recently moved down to Durban and there is a radio station in KZN called East Coast Radio which is a half decent radio station if I do say so myself.






There is a competition on ECR every weekday called: The Grand Challenge. Basically it is a 60 second general knowledge quiz where you have to answer 10 questions in the minute. Every morning I listen to these people throw their names away on the challenge getting the easiest things wrong.






So I send in my application to the radio station obviously full of confidence that I will get 10 out 10 and then I get a reply E Mail from them saying that because of the huge volumes I might not be selected for a long time.






This morning I get a call on my drive to work…which is a whole hour, yes I know VOMIT IN MY MOUTH…from ECR saying that I have been selected.






I was ecstatic and phoned all of my people here in Durban to tell them to listen and when the time came I went through the questions before the 60 seconds came up. I was hoping for 10 out of 10 but one or two of the questions were a bit tricky so I thought that 8 or 9 was possible.






I GOT 7! GUTTED LIKE SOMEONE DROVE A STAKE IN MY STOMACH!






APPARENTLY:
- Winston Churchill’s old lady was born in the USA
- Venetian blinds were origionally made in Japan
- And
- Einstein never won a Nobel Prize for his theory of Relativity










No comments:

Post a Comment