Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Violent President?

Greetings to the Lions Den Massive.

Its seems like an age since I posted something new on this site. In my defence I was in Durban and did not have the necessary tools, ie a sober mind, to post anything of great relevance.

So its election week next week and there are still some people who are undecided as to who their vote must go to.

I was contemplating this on the weekend and coming to grips with the fact that we are going to be seeing our first ever Zulu pres!

This is a source of delight to some and to the majority of KZN. However, as one voter told me on the weekend, he doesn’t like the prospect of having a Zulu in power because of their violent nature.

I really took this with a pinch of salt as every nationality has the capacity to be violent, I mean the Lion of Lebanon really came out twice this weekend! But I did see some resemblance of the violence truth this weekend.

Going into Durban from Pinetown, you stop at a taxi rank which you can either turn left or right at. The highway takes you to this spot and it is unavoidable. I had my cousins in the car and got caught by the robot. Next thing a bunch of Zulus start screaming at this one guy who did his best ‘JESSIE OWENS’ with a handbag in his hand. Next thing this old bastard at the taxi rank brandishes a gat and is about to try out his gun toting brilliance when ‘JESSIE OWENS’ ran behind a car and disappeared into the sunset.

Now granted everyone has a right to defend themselves, but the way that the old bastard drew his gat ‘HARRY CASUAL’ scared me because this shows he has no regard for the human lives that he could have put in danger.

Driving down to the beach I saw a poster for the Minority Front which said ‘vote for the tiger’. Now I thought that this rocket scientist was a follower of my site and decided to include tiger in his name, but it turns out that the leader of the part is none other then A Rajbansie Tiger, and he has a HUGE following in KZN. Imagine if he became pres?

Patricia De Lille and Helen Zille are having a go at the African Ninja turtle Congress after it emerged that the party was handing out food parcels to rally up votes!

Although I agree that this is wrong, what is politics but playing on peoples emotions? If Helen Zille was clever, which she clearly is not, she would buy copious British and Irish Lions test tickets and give them away to potential voters.

April the 22nd will be interesting as the week will be marred with last ditch efforts to rally up votes.

Specking of votes, I watched my first episode of the new series of idols this week! By all accounts it was good, except for the fact that Graham is defiantly a poo staber!

The show also made me remember how much I love Stevie Wonder! Jason did a really mean version of Signed Sealed Delivered which was almost as good as the original.

Say what you want about Mr Wonder, he was a musical genius who really pushed the boundaries and created music very different from the music around at the time. He can be seen as the first real pioneer of the R&B genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment