Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Walking Spoiler.


Salamu

It occurred to me today that I haven't blogged in a while and there were events today which I deem worthy of blogging about. 

I am actually in essence quite an insensitive S.O.B to the extent that I am a walking spoiler alert. 

A family member of mine has arranged a baby shower for his wife and me with my great intellectuality had the good grace of saying to her: So are you looking forward to your baby shower. Little was I to know that the baby shower was supposed to be a surprise and I got the look of death from the family member. 

But in my defence. Do you mean to tell me that every expecting mother does not know that there is going to be a baby shower thrown for her? I fail to believe it. there are certain things which are certainties in life. If you are pregnant you WILL get fat and you WILL have a baby shower. And women know this. Besides, the family member in question has never had a good word to say about me and I have never been anything but the brunt of his jokes so does my face look like a caring face? NO SIR IT DON'T!

No apologies. DO NOT READ IF YOU DISLIKE SPOILERS. 
Then again today unintentionally I put my foot in it. A friend of mine who lives in the Land of the Long White Cloud (New Zealand) had a nice Facebook status update that she is stoked about the new season of True Blood starting and the fact that Tara is dead and she ain't going to be a part of it. I when't on to say hang on...and told her what actually happens to Tara (Because I have already got my hands on the first episode of season 5 and have watched it). Again I got daggers and people calling me names like tit and dickhead. 

Again in my defence.....FB is a spoiler alert waiting to happen. I actually felt bad about my spoiler and duly apologised therefore. But there are a lot of other people out there who wont give a shit about how you feel regarding spoilers and will just say shit anyway. 

I feel it comes down to the fact that you shouldn't broadcast that you are looking forward to something without saying: No Spoilers Please. You cant say....yes well you were supposed to know these things, bull shit! I cant read peoples minds......I cant predict that they don't want a spoiler. Its like not asking a question that you don't want to know the answer to. 

Its like Bafana Bafana being all excited before going into a World Cup Qualifier....you should say to them: Why you getting excited? You not going to win!

On to happier thoughts. I am personally glad that True Blood is back. It fills the void left by the other show which is trending in the lions den: Game of Thrones. I cant wait to see Anna Paquin and Debbie Ann Woll. YUM! 

Mei jua daima kuwa kabla yenu, na vivuli nyuma yako!

NOW WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD NOT WANT TO HIT THAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment