Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A change is good and can last for life

Two of the most potent sportsmen I have ever seen in my life are the current top two tennis players in the world Mr Rafael Nadal and Mr Roger Federer.

Now this is a bladdy big statement coming from a person obsessed with Rugby, but it is the truth.

Ever since I reported on the 2005 Dubai Tennis championship final between Nadal and Federer, I have an increased appreciation for the sport.

Nadal ended up beating Federer in a final that lasted nearly four hours. And it was a HUGE STRUGGLE for the Spaniard.

But since then, Nadal has been unstoppable and has had the measure of Federer on many occasions. And now Federer has gone and done the worst thing in the world! He got married!

No don’t get me wrong! I AM NOT AGAINST MARRIAGE, I think committing yourself to one partner for the rest of your life is a beautiful and admirable thing! Its just that your life changes so much when you get married that sportsmen often loose focus on other things.

And it is hard to focus on other things when one person consumes your mind to a point that you cant breathe without thinking of that person.

Recent developments in my personal life have seen me become romantically involved with a very beautiful girl, who really means the world to me. I wake up in the morning praising the day and looking forward to a while day where I can talk to her and just be with her.

Surprisingly my work hasn’t gone down the tube. I am still as motivated as before to go to work and do my best for her and to make her proud. Trust me, nothing is more likely to get me fired up then my girl reading a cover story on a copper mine opening in Zambia and telling me what a good job I did! All I want to do is write better articles so that she can be proud of me and tell the world what a great guy I am. Truth be told, there also no better affirmation then your significant other telling her friends to read a blog like this!

You go baby, rake up the support! I love u my girl.



Oh damn, what were we talking about again? Ah yes.

A lot of marriages have broken up over sports issues. A one Mr Brett Lee was once granted compassionate leave after his marriage broke down. Basically his wife left him because he was away from home to much. A one Mr Tony Parker has also lost his sporting potency after tying the knot with the equally fit Eva Longoria.

The biggest debate on any sports tour is what to with the WAGS (wives and girlfriends), at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, much of England’s failure was blamed solely on the distraction posed by the WAGS.

But is not all doom and gloom. Some sportsmen come back even stronger after they tie the knot. Tiger Woods, even with his kak attitude, is a much better player now then he was when he was dating the Swedish super model.

On a lighter note. I love You Tube. You are bound to find some of the funniest stuff known to mankind on there,


This arab is singing about Tabbouleh Salad. How class is that? Its so great I uploaded it 3 times!



1 comment:

  1. So you are telling me that Ricky Ponting, Matthew Hayden, Shaun Pollock, Andre Agassi etc had a downward spiral in their career because of their marriage?

    ReplyDelete