Monday, June 6, 2011

The Man of Steel vs The Man of Adamantium




Good Monday people.

Before continuing please hit a pause on the Shaggy Feat Pitbull song on the post: A trip of Nostalgia anyone? Part 1 Shookran!

So I am writing this post after a challenge was issued to me by two regular readers of The Lions Den who also happen to work with me.

Granted these two individuals are ladies and do not know me well enough to appreciate my sense of humor or my personality. After reading my post about the dumb ass Canadian lasses (who were very attractive) Tray and Eleanor both asked me if I can POSSIBLY write a post without using vulgar language (ie: cussing), what they term 'derogatory remarks' about women and posting what they term 'reveling' pictures of women on this blog.

Before accepting the challenge I did mention something about myself being a healthy male and would they like to see me writing posts about Butterflies and Fairies. They looked at me and mentioned that if that took place then they would really be worried about me.

This implies that they currently are worried about me. Although one of them vehemently denied this concern when I mentioned it to her, I was not born yesterday.

All this being said, and accepting the challenge without thinking twice, because I am a male and I have to prove myself in every way shape or form, this is going to be harder then I thought.

I struggled to come up with a topic the whole weekend until last night when I was flipping between X-Men and the South Africa vs Egypt Afcon 2012 Qualifier. And then it hit me. If you could be any superhero in the world. Who would it be?

I dont think there is a human being in the world who does not know about Superman, Batman or Spiderman.

These three are some of my favorite superheros, but if I would like to be them is another story.

Batman, in my opinion, cant really be classified as a superhero, yes he is bad ass and he has the whole Bruce Wayne by day Batman by night persona thing working for him, but he has no super powers. All he has is a crap (bodily function....no swearing) load of money, some freaky china kung-fu training and a technology design department who designs bad as weapons.

No thank you, no super powers – not interested.

Spiderman does at least have some superpowers. He was bitten by a radioactive spider and now has spider sense, the ability to climb walls, and can shoot webs from the undersides of his wrists. Peter Parker by day Spiderman by night. But if you look at his whole superhero persona he isn't the bad ass mudda that you want him to be. He is more cool calm and collected and often times comical in his haranguing of desperado's.

Again no thank you....A bit too gamfoos for me, a six foot one inch male who weighs a little over 120 kg and has been known to get a bit bad ass should the situation call for it.

This leaves The Man of Steel.....Superman. This is a superhero after my own heart. He actually breaks the mold of the traditional superhero because all of the other superheros use a disguise when they are their superhero persona to hide their true civilian identity. Batman wears a mask to hide the fact that he is Bruce Wayne, Spiderman wears a mask to hide the fact that he is Peter Parker. Superman poses as civilian Clark Kent wearing glasses and a trench-coat to hide the fact that he is in fact Superman. He can fly...bonus, he is faster then a speeding bullet...advantageous, and is stronger then steel.

This could be my boy, in the comic books, Superman is a reporter by day, is well over 6 ft and is built like a brick outhouse. Sounds a bit like me.

Then there is Wolverine from the X Men his super powers are equally as bad ass as The Man of Steel. Just after returning from an unnamed war, Wolverine went into a complete soldier research programme where they ran tests on him and injected a metal called Adamantium into his skeleton. Adamantium is a strong fictional metal akin to iron. It has healing qualities so Wolverine cannot die...VERY COOL, he has adamantium claws which come out of his fists when he wills them.... also very cool, and he has a I don't care bad ass attitude where he doesn't take any prisoners.

So its down to The Man of Steel vs The Man of Adamantium. the choice is difficult.

Like Wolverine, Superman cannot die unless his enemies get hold of kryptonite. He can shoot stuff out his eyes that can cut through stuff and blow stuff up. And like I said earlier he is the strongest superhero ever written about. He also has a bit of a better temperament then Wolverine in that he isn't hell bent on violence unless it is a means to achieve an end.

So at the end of the day it is Superman. I even have a blue t shirt with the Superman logo on it which the female population says I look pretty good in. (You didnt think I would go through a whole post without mentioning the female race did you. But it wasn't derogatory!)

Before I end off, I did have a debate about this with one of my best friends...Stalker...over the weekend. To put this conversation into context we were killing a second Bottle of Jack Daniels and had about five hubbly's before this conversation took place, so we were a bit high and almost toasted. He mentioned that I should consider The Incredible Hulk .

Um....No Stalker!

Bruce Banner was also one of these troubled war hero's who got exposed to Gamma Rays which turns him into The Hulk when he is pissed off. This however blinds him from reason and he just wants to go like Nasra and destroy everything. Besides...when I was small (like 5 or 6 years old) my older cousin had a Hulk Suit (mask, green hands and everything) and used to scare the hell out of me with it. Since then I dont like no Hulk. Besides, he breaks his clothes whenever he turns from Bruce Banner into the Hulk, so every weekend Mrs Hulk needs to by him new clothes. Imagine his credit card bill!


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Well done on NO derogatory comments, or innuendos about the voluptuousness of women in general.

    And kudo's for making me laugh - no mean feat after my dealings with a truly dodgy male today :)

    ReplyDelete