Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lets have a stab at it then!

MARHABBA SAA!

Once again, events over the past few days have prompted me to write this post.

It concerns the way men and women think or act, or handle situations. The most famous explanations about this topic comes from John Gray who famously wrote Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars. Since then every man and his dog has had a stab at trying to explain the differences between the sexes. Even STEVE HARVEY has had a go at it.

Bearing the above in mind I thought: why not have a go!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Damas y Caballeros. the world of men and women as explained by THE LION OF LEBANON....SHALAFIAN! Please hold all applause until the end!

PUBLIC DISCLAIMER: Before I proceed...I am not degrading anyone in this post or attacking them in any way shape or form. I care for all of my friends and am doing this to promote a better understanding between the sexes. Please dont take the contents of this post as a personal attack.

Thought process regarding laws of attraction
I will endeavor to look at three basic sections which outline startling differences. As you can see above the first relates to laws of attraction.

I got L.A.M.B.A.S.T.E.D the other day by a certain friend because of what she deems inappropriate comments about women. You know my question is what is wrong with saying that a women is attractive? Here is the first inherent difference between men and women. Men are vocal about what they are attracted to in a women while women are not so vocal. She then said to me the way I talk is dangerous and degrading to women.

DANGEROUS? Tell me something....what is more dangerous? A dog that growls and barks at you and then bites you? or A dog that gives no indication of its capabilities and then bites you unawares? Any parent or child lover will tell you that the second dog is the most dangerous. Why? Because there is no Grey area with dog number 1 you know its capabilities! Dog number 2 is, as my friend put it, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Is this not the same then with men and women? Which is the greater sin? Appreciating beauty and vocalising it, or Appreciating beauty, having dirty thoughts and keeping them to yourself?

She then proceeds to talk about an event that she went to where the key note speaker was 'A Looker'. Oh now she can talk about the beauty of people and I cant? A BIT OFFSIDE WHAT! WHATS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE SHOULD BE GOOD FOR THE GANDER!

Be that as it may...
Shalafain: What was attractive about him?
Friend: Everything!

Difference number two. Women will look at the whole package and then make a summation thereon. Men are prepared to bypass certain aspects if certain others are far superior.

A man's world consists of two things: a good asset portfolio and a well rounded bottom strategy. PERIOD...she could be the dumbest thing alive and most men will still be attracted to her.

A woman's world is far more complicated. Because he could be the right height, right weight, have the right looking eyes (shape, color), the right hairstyle. But if he doesn't have a personality that a woman likes then he is pretty screwed! Because she will look past all of his admirable qualities and crucify him because he opened his mouth.

Bringing emotion and passion into the workplace
JUST TO CLARIFY...This has nothing to do with anything dirty. It has to do with the handling of situations.

A girl at work's computer breaks she calls the IT guy and tells him as much. He looks at the machine and tells her that she wont see it until Monday.

Girl: But I am on deadline and have to hand in stories today.
IT Guy: Shame.

A friend of mine at work then says that the IT guy is mean. Agreed, he was. But he was looking at the situation from an unemotional perspective where he outlined the reality of the situation. I mean what he said was better then: Perhaps I can get it to you today depending on my work schedule and what is wrong with the machine and the weather conditions outside.

If the IT guy said this then he would be giving the girl false hope. I mean sometimes you need to remove yourself emotionally from a situation and look at it like a Cold Ruthless Bastard in order to make a proper decision about how to approach or handle it.

More often then not women are more guilty of making decisions from a space of emotional care then men.

Worriers vs Onlookers
The best way to describe this difference is to look at a pride of Lions and how they interact in the wilderness.

The male lions laze around the pride and let the female lions worry about the hunting. Because inherently, women worry about how a problem will resolve itself before it is resolved.

Problem: The pride is hungry.
Solution:The female lions think:where to hunt? what to hunt? who will chase first? who will chase second? and who will go in for the kill? Will the males give them a chance at the food? what will the cubs eat? i hope they are not killing each other. what if they are? Will the males be able to handle it? ECT ECT ECT. The male looks at the food presented to him (because he knows that the problem will be resolved) walks over and eats. He then moves aside and checks on the cubs...they not killing each other...great. He sleeps. PROBLEM SOLVED!

I could go on forever, but lets leave at this for now. Until events warrant another post...I so need a hubbly

POST SCRIPT: Added at 16:28 pm on the 8th day of June 2011
All I can say is AIRA!

As you are all well aware. Eleanor and Tracy (the two ladies which work with me) have been harassing me, haranguing me and making me feel like the biggest bastard alive because of my comments about women and their efforts are paying off.

Coming back to the office from a lunch function I got cut off by an Opel Corsa. I was not impressed and was about to launch a tirade of swearing that would have made an Irishman blush...except...except...that was until the driver flashed the most beautiful eyes ever seen on a woman at me.

I bit my tongue (which is still bladdy sore) and pulled up next to her and flirted with her for two kilometers. But I was in TOP FORM people. It got a bit heated and when she told me that she had a boyfriend and pulled off I actually felt like I had committed the biggest sin alive and needed a bath!

THANKS ELEANOR AND TRACY! THANKS ALOT!

1 comment:

  1. hehehehe ... still having a giggle at the flirt-drive postcript. I have enough Catholic guilt to spare some! (It keeps me out of trouble...well, most of the time anyway).

    That said, while I agree with the wolf in sheeps' clothing analogy, that's about it.

    Yes men are (way!!!) more vocal in appreciating beauty, or sharing their lust with the rest of the world, in other words (tmi!!). This may come as a shock to you J but, (this does not apply to every girl out there) most of us don't think about the guy we're ogling naked or what's he's like in bed. It's just appreciation of his fine form. Apparently unlike our male counterparts.

    You do realise you're making all men sound incredibly simple and shallow?! I refuse to believe it. Oh my word it's going to take me ages to be on the prowl again if all guys are like that!

    Yes women look at the whole package and if he has the personality of dry cardboard he doesn't stand a chance, but unless she's incredibly shallow, or repeatedly heartbroken, that list of specific requirements disappears with the right person.

    And yes some guys seem so adept at separating themselves emotionally from situations ... but they still give false hope sometimes.

    ReplyDelete